“This has been a favorite with everyone who has tried it,” Nancy Culbert assures from Whitehorn, California. A tongue-tingling cilantro-lime sauce compliments tender salmon fillets in the pleasing entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup lime juice divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place salmon skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, onions, jalapeno, oil, salt,
- pepper and remaining lime juice. Spread over salmon. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked salmon equals 232 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.