Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
2 slice: 201 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta
"Love love love we will do this again"
"Supper simple to make & tasted great. I had no leftovers :("
"Delicious flavor from the balsamic vinegar and very simple to prepare."
"Yummy! I didn't add the onion, and added abit more vinegar and salt, and served it on baguette with olives baked in it. So fresh and summery...."
"A great recipe: I added a little garlic butter to the bread, Yum - O_"