Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
2 slice: 201 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta
"Love love love we will do this again"
"Supper simple to make & tasted great. I had no leftovers :("
"Delicious flavor from the balsamic vinegar and very simple to prepare."
"Yummy! I didn't add the onion, and added abit more vinegar and salt, and served it on baguette with olives baked in it. So fresh and summery...."
"A great recipe: I added a little garlic butter to the bread, Yum - O_"