- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked large shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Lime wedges, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, zucchini, red pepper and pepper flakes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in rice, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and salt. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cilantro Shrimp & Rice
Sort By :
"This was so delish and easy. Made it tonight and will be making it again. Not a big zucchini fan, so left that out. Next time I might add a green pepper."
"Very good and very easy to make. Love the pepper flakes and the lime. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Awesome dish...loved the hint of lime taste to it!"
"I decided to try this because I had some leftover cilantro. It was tasty and came together in about 20 minutes, though for the record, it was a busy 20 minutes. My picky eater also enjoyed it."
"Great recipe. This was such an easy dinner for a busy school night!"