Cilantro Salad Dressing
Sara Laber of Shelburne, Vermont suggests using this zippy dressing over greens or hot or cold boiled potatoes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a food processor or blender, place cilantro, buttermilk,
- mayonnaise, sugar and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until
- smooth. Serve over greens and vegetables. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons of dressing equals 18 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.