"Feel free to make this simple pesto ahead of time and freeze it." This brightly colored pesto tastes as fresh as it looks!
Karen Deaver, Babylon Village, NY
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place cilantro and cheese in a food processor; cover and pulse until
- chopped. Add walnuts and lime juice; cover and process until
- blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Serve with shrimp. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without shrimp) equals 152 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.