“This flavorful recipe is one of the ways I came up with to use all the cilantro in my garden. Serve it with pasta, tortilla chips for dipping or in any dish that needs perking up.” —Ami Okasinski, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse just until chopped. Add the lime and lemon juices and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cilantro-Pepita Pesto in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p35
Reviews for Cilantro-Pepita Pesto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review