Cilantro-Lime Sweet Potatoes
This is something my mom makes as a side dish for meats. The sweetness of the potatoes is perfectly complemented by the hint of lime and cilantro! It is wonderful and easy to make. If you like, an additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil can be added to the garlic, cilantro and lime juice mix after roasting.—Jessica Snyder, San Clemente, California
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, lime juice and garlic; add to
- sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 123 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.