Cilantro-Lime Sweet Corn Recipe
Our home economists give Southwestern flavor to corn on the cob with cilantro and lime juice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Soak the corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup butter, cilantro, lime peel, salt, 1 teaspoon lime juice and garlic powder; set aside.
- 2. Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Spread each ear of corn with butter mixture. Rewrap corn husks and secure with kitchen string.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter; stir in remaining lime juice. Cut string and peel back husks. Brush corn with butter mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sweet corn equals 196 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC