- 8 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soak the corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup butter, cilantro, lime peel, salt, 1 teaspoon lime juice and garlic powder; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Spread each ear of corn with butter mixture. Rewrap corn husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter; stir in remaining lime juice. Cut string and peel back husks. Brush corn with butter mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro-Lime Sweet Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p228
Reviews for Cilantro-Lime Sweet Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >