Cilantro-Lime Pork Chops Recipe
These moist and tender chops will appeal to the entire family. Cilantro, lime and cumin blend wonderfully for a little Southwestern flavor. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon marinade; cover and refrigerate in a small bowl. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Stir in the broth, orange juice and honey; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or just until thickened. Stir in cilantro. Add pork chops; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC