Cilantro Lime Cod Recipe
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1. Place each fillet on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with margarine. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 119 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cilantro Lime Cod
"Easy, but not good. The lime would be better if the juice was squeezed on after cooking - the rind gave the fish a bitter taste. Even though there was a lot of seasoning, the fish had no flavor and we all had to add a lot of salt to make it edible."
"Easy to do and tastes great. I used chopped onions instead of dried minced onions and butter instead of olive oil"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.