Cilantro Lime Cod
"My daughter loves to cook and especially likes dishes with Mexican flair," reports Donna Hackman of Bedford, Virginia. "She bakes these wonderfully seasoned fish fillets in foil to keep them moist and cut down on cleanup."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in
- oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Place lime slices over each; drizzle with margarine. Fold foil
- around fish and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounce cod equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.