"My daughter loves to cook and especially likes dishes with Mexican flair," reports Donna Hackman of Bedford, Virginia. "She bakes these wonderfully seasoned fish fillets in foil to keep them moist and cut down on cleanup."
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with margarine. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Lime Cod in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cilantro Lime Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review