Summer's ultimate sandwich offers a yin and yang of special flavors and casual presentation. The creamy spread and heart-healthy avocado will light up your taste buds. Everyone I've shared this sandwich recipe with makes it over and over again. —Debbie Speckmeyer, Lakewood, California
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup fat-free spreadable cream cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lime juice and cumin. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cilantro, onion, salt and pepper; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto buns. Layer with tomatoes, chicken and avocado; replace bun tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro-Lime Chicken Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p20
Reviews for Cilantro-Lime Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"Love this sandwich!"
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2013
"Loved this; will make again."
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2012
"This was good on pita bread."
Reviewed May. 11, 2012
"This Chicken Sandwich was a complete HIT at our dinner table...Kids INCLUDED!Delicious and EASY!"