Cilantro Couscous Salad
Since this serves 12, I always make it for potlucks, and this salad is always appreciated. My 11 year old daughter liked it so much we served it at her birthday tea party.—Cindy Gifford, Cedar City, Utah
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare couscous according to package directions; let cool to room
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro and
- couscous. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Add cheese and toss gently to
- combine. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 196 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.