Cilantro Corn Saute Recipe
“This is an easy side dish that goes with most anything,” says Lisa Langston of Conroe, Texas. With cilantro and cumin, it's strong on Southwest flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in cilantro and cumin; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC