Cilantro Corn Saute Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in cilantro and cumin; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 173 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cilantro Corn Saute
"Tastes good as is."
"A good recipe. I made a couple of substitutions to kick it up a notch. Added about 3 Tbsp of finely chopped Poblano pepper as I thought the recipe as written would be a bit bland. Also, used chopped purple onion to give it some color."
"I used red pepper instead to give it some color and added little bit of black pepper. Delicious!!! It was definitely a hit at our dinner table. Even those who don't like corn, loved it. Plus, it's so quick and easy to prepare.~Natalia, NY"