Our family would eat Mexican food every day if we could, and this recipe is a favorite! Chicken breasts stay moist and tender topped with salsa, cilantro and cheese.—Juline Goelzer, Arroyo Grande, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and honey. Dip chicken
- in lime juice mixture, then coat with tortilla chips. Place in an
- ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Combine salsa and cilantro; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.