Cilantro Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and honey. Dip chicken in lime juice mixture, then coat with tortilla chips. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Combine salsa and cilantro; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 332 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Cilantro Chicken
"I thought this would be so much better than it turned out to be. By baking this dish, the coating of tortilla chips stays soggy on the bottom of the chicken. Overall, there are so many other good recipes in my recipe box, this one just doesn't make the cut."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.