Cilantro Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Unroll crust into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with seasoning mix; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, pepper and reserved chicken.
- 4. Spoon chicken mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 6-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 382 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.