This pizza is packed with flavorful seasonings, but it's the cilantro that gives it the fresh burst of flavor. If you like Southwestern foods and pizza, too, this one is for you! Rebecca Clark - Warrior, AL
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Unroll crust into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with seasoning mix; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, pepper and reserved chicken.
- Spoon chicken mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 6-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p47
Reviews for Cilantro Chicken Fajita Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review