Cilantro Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until tender and golden brown. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro; bring to a boil. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cilantro Chicken(7)
Sort By :
Very good! I substituted lime for the lemon and added some black beans and some carrots just because I had them around... This recipe wasn't dry at all for me. Will make again.
It was very good but a little too much lemon. I will make it again with some modifications? It is a little too dry.
Delicious and easy
When I first made this recipe, I made it as is and didn't add anything else. I liked it, but I felt it needed something more to balance it out. I made it again and I added black beans, salsa, and guacamole. It's great! It's like homemade Chipotle. Thanks for sharing!!
Good, but will use less lemon juice next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >