- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cilantro Blue Cheese Slaw
Sort By :
"Good, but you have to love blue cheese as that flavor really comes through."
"Delicious! Perfect and different. Huge hit with the family. Even my mother who is not a coleslaw fan loved it."
"I was very skeptical about this recipe because I'm not a fan of most of the ingredients. My husband tried to talk me out of it. But because I know he absolutely loves cilantro, blue cheese, and cole slaw, I decided to take the chance. I was so happy that I did! Not only did he love it, so did I (shocking, since I hate blue cheese and cilantro), and so did both of our families. My mom said I am now in charge of making the slaw for every get-together. This recipe is most definitely a keeper!"
"LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!"
"Pretty darn good - and I loved the blue cheese!!"