- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCilantro Blue Cheese Slaw
"Good, but you have to love blue cheese as that flavor really comes through."
"Delicious! Perfect and different. Huge hit with the family. Even my mother who is not a coleslaw fan loved it."
"I was very skeptical about this recipe because I'm not a fan of most of the ingredients. My husband tried to talk me out of it. But because I know he absolutely loves cilantro, blue cheese, and cole slaw, I decided to take the chance. I was so happy that I did! Not only did he love it, so did I (shocking, since I hate blue cheese and cilantro), and so did both of our families. My mom said I am now in charge of making the slaw for every get-together. This recipe is most definitely a keeper!"
"LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!"
"Pretty darn good - and I loved the blue cheese!!"
"Okay, so I was more intrigued than convinced, even after reading the reviews. I told my family I was going to make this and they were NOT enthusiastic, that is until we all tasted it. Yum! The guys were jockeying for leftovers for lunch the next day. There wasn't much left. A new staple salad. Thanks!"
"this side dish goes great with fried fish tacos"
"All I can say is YUM!! :)"
"Very interesting! I made this the night before, and when I tasted it, I was a bit nervous! But the next night when it was served everyone loved it!!! I think making it and letting it set in the fridge is key. VERY Good!!! Will also be good in a taco or wrap!!"
"A refreshingly new take on slaw. Great contrast between the spice of the jalapeno and the blue cheese."