Cilantro Bean Dip
This chunky fresh-tasting dip, shared by Wendy Prevost of Cody, Wyoming, gets a little kick from hot pepper sauce.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomato, red pepper and onion. In
- a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, cilantro, hot pepper sauce
- and garlic powder. Pour over corn mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup dip (prepared with frozen corn and fat-free Italian dressing) equals 46 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.