Cilantro Bean Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips, optional
- In a food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Stir in bread crumbs and egg substitute; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape bean mixture into two patties; sprinkle each side with cornmeal. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cilantro Bean Burgers(3)
Sort By :
I enjoyed making these meatless patties- I served it on a bed of cabbage. Lots of taste packed in there. Ill will make them again. (I like meat too, these where a great change of pace)
I HAVE MADE THIS BEFORE. NOT SURE WHERE I GOT THE RECIPE, BUT I MADE IT AS A MEAT LOAF.
Bean burgers are good, but not something my family wants very often. We like them but won't make them very much, as they are not meat and we much prefer meat.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >