Cilantro-Basil Grilled Shrimp
With plenty of cilantro and basil in my garden and a bottle of tequila in the pantry, I knew just what to do to these shrimp. I think the crushed red pepper really gave it an extra kick! —Tami Penunuri, Leauge City, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using
- long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked shrimp equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,