Cilantro-Basil Grilled Shrimp Recipe
With plenty of cilantro and basil in my garden and a bottle of tequila in the pantry, I knew just what to do to these shrimp. I think the crushed red pepper really gave it an extra kick! —Tami Penunuri, Leauge City, Texas
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro-Basil Grilled Shrimp in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p64
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cilantro-Basil Grilled Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >