Lime juice and cilantro in tuna salad – who knew? This recipe came to me as a way to have a protein-packed meal with lots of pizzazz. —Heather Waldorf, Black Mountain, North Carolina
Featured In: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 2 pouches (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted if desired
- 4 slices Muenster or provolone cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Spread tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with cheese, avocado and remaining bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro-Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Cilantro-Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2016
"Loved this spin on tuna. I made it open-faced on one slice of toasted wheat. Awesome!"