I came up with this recipe when I was preparing for a large party, and I wanted a healthy Tex-Mex chicken to serve in tortilla cups. This party dish can made ahead of time to free up yourself for time-sensitive dishes. You can serve it in tortilla chip cups or any other savory crispy cup you can find. Leftovers are great over salad greens or wrapped up in a tortilla as a burrito. — Lori Terry, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: March Madness Party Appetizers
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen petite corn (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with chili powder and lime juice. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks; return to slow cooker. Add corn and salsa; cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cheese, pepper and green onions. Serve with tortilla scoops; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cilantro & Lime Chicken with Scoops in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p94
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cilantro & Lime Chicken with Scoops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review