Cider Wassail Punch Recipe
Cinnamon, cloves, apple cider and cranberry juice blend together to create a wonderful drink with an aroma to match. If you don’t have a percolator, simmer this drink on the stove and strain well before serving. —Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- 1. In a percolator, combine the juices and sugar. Place the orange, cinnamon sticks and cloves in the percolator basket; cover and begin perking.
- 2. When cycle is complete, discard orange and spices. Stir in rum and bitters if desired. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 203 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Cider Wassail Punch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC