Cider Wassail Punch
Cinnamon, cloves, apple cider and cranberry juice blend together to create a wonderful drink with an aroma to match. If you don’t have a percolator, simmer this drink on the stove and strain well before serving. —Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a percolator, combine the juices and sugar. Place the orange,
- cinnamon sticks and cloves in the percolator basket; cover and begin
- When cycle is complete, discard orange and spices. Stir in rum and
- bitters if desired. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 203 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.