Cinnamon, cloves, apple cider and cranberry juice blend together to create a wonderful drink with an aroma to match. If you don’t have a percolator, simmer this drink on the stove and strain well before serving. —Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a percolator, combine the juices and sugar. Place the orange, cinnamon sticks and cloves in the percolator basket; cover and begin perking.
- When cycle is complete, discard orange and spices. Stir in rum and bitters if desired. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cider Wassail Punch in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p81
Reviews for Cider Wassail Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review