- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a percolator, combine the juices and sugar. Place the orange, cinnamon sticks and cloves in the percolator basket; cover and begin perking.
- When cycle is complete, discard orange and spices. Stir in rum and bitters if desired. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cider Wassail Punch in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p81
Reviews for Cider Wassail Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"I made punch similiar and it was delicious.I used 6c. cider, 8c cranberry juice, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 3 cinnamon sticks & whole gloves. I just put on stove, as I was in a hurry - IT WAS WONDERFUL"
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2011
"I added the spices to the cider and simmered on the stovetop for a while instead of using a percolater. Then I mixed everything together (after straining out the spices) in the crock pot to keep hot."