Cider Wassail Punch Recipe
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a percolator, combine the juices and sugar. Place the orange, cinnamon sticks and cloves in the percolator basket; cover and begin perking.
- When cycle is complete, discard orange and spices. Stir in rum and bitters if desired. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Cider Wassail Punch
Sort By :
I made punch similiar and it was delicious.
I used 6c. cider, 8c cranberry juice, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 3 cinnamon sticks & whole gloves. I just put on stove, as I was in a hurry - IT WAS WONDERFUL
I added the spices to the cider and simmered on the stovetop for a while instead of using a percolater. Then I mixed everything together (after straining out the spices) in the crock pot to keep hot.