- Remove fat from surface before using. Broth may be refrigerated for
- up to 3 days or frozen for 4-6 months.
- Place the soup ingredients in a stockpot; add broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Serve immediately or cool and transfer to freezer
- containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer
- to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.