Cider-Roasted Squash Recipe
Our family enjoys this recipe with chicken or ham. But sometimes we'll make a meal of it with warm bread and butter.
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place the squash and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine cider, oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over squash mixture.
- 2. Cover and bake 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC