- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place the squash and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine cider, oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over squash mixture.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Cider-Roasted Squash
"Yum, yum, yum....the Cider-Roasted Squash recipe is delicious. I used sliced leeks instead of onion because I "discovered" them in the bag with the squash in the vegetable drawer. I was skeptical at first that the 2 tablespoons of cider would impart an apple taste, but it was there in the finished dish. I'd say that you should check the doneness of the squash on each "turning interval". Mine cooked in under 30 minutes. Will definitely put this in my favorites folder."
"This is a wonderful way to use butternut squash! My husband said, "I would eat that again" - a high compliment to a recipe!"
"Wasn't sure what Butternut Squash would taste like, but am trying new foods. The butternut squash that I bought and already peeled and diced. A 32 oz. refrigerated pkg. from Sams Club. I didn't have apple cider so I used apple juice and added 1/2 tea. of cinnamon. Also added one peeled and diced apple. Everything else was the same as recipe. This was good and easy. Would make this again."
"This was amazing!!"
"My whole family raved about this! Will definitely make again!"