Our family enjoys this recipe with chicken or ham. But sometimes we'll make a meal of it with warm bread and butter.
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place the squash and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine cider, oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over squash mixture.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cider-Roasted Squash in Country October/November 2004, p49
Reviews for Cider-Roasted Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review