Cider Pork Chops
Cider Pork Chops, topped with a sensational sweet and savory combination of ingredients, make a delightful main course. —Betty Jean Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add pork chops and toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown
- chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the celery, onions, garlic and thyme for
- 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return pork to the pan. Add
- cider. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 290 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,