Cider Mushroom Brisket
Apple juice and gingersnaps give an autumn feel to this tender, slow-cooked brisket. It’s quick to prep, and the mouthwatering aroma will linger for hours.Colleen Weston, Denver, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a
- large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs;
- pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices;
- thicken if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked meat with 1/2 cup cooking juices equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 47 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.