Cider Mushroom Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1. Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 336 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 47g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cider Mushroom Brisket
"I haven't made this, but I would use powdered ginger or ginger paste in place of the cookies. I used crumbled cookies in gravy for sauerbraten, and it was disgusting. Ginger is great with beef but I want the flavor, not the goo.."
"I could have bought a very nice sirloin tip roast for the cost of this 3 lb brisket. not one person liked it. " Tolerable" and "please. don't make this again " . I myself would have given it a 3 or 4, but won't waste the money on ingredients ."
"We substituted a chuck roast for the brisket to keep within our budget. My whole family really liked the flavors and it was super simple to make. I was a little worried about the cookies but it put just the right amount of spice and sweetness to the gravy. The cider also gave it a nice zing. We are keeping this recipe in our box to use again!"
"This dish was so easy to make. I didn't change a thing! Served with egg noodles and veggies, it was a perfect, simple meal!"
"Meat was flavorful and tender. Couldn't believe adding ginger snaps would make such a flavorful gravy. Family LOVED it! will definitely make again!"