Apple juice and gingersnaps give an autumn feel to this tender, slow-cooked brisket. It’s quick to prep, and the mouthwatering aroma will linger for hours.—Colleen Weston, Denver, Colorado
- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cider Mushroom Brisket in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cider Mushroom Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review