- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cider Mushroom Brisket
Sort By :
This dish was so easy to make. I didn't change a thing! Served with egg noodles and veggies, it was a perfect, simple meal!
Meat was flavorful and tender. Couldn't believe adding ginger snaps would make such a flavorful gravy. Family LOVED it! will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >