For a tasty jam during the fall, try this cider. The candy adds a wonderful cinnamon flavor.Donna Bensend, Dallas, Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min. + standing
- 1 quart unfiltered apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup red hots candy
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a large kettle, combine the cider, red hots and pectin. Bring to a
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring often. Add sugar and return to
- a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot jelly
- into hot sterilized jar, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.