For a tasty jam during the fall, try this cider. The candy adds a wonderful cinnamon flavor.Donna Bensend, Dallas, Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min. + standing
- 1 quart unfiltered apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup red hots candy
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine cider and red hots. Stir in pectin. Bring to
- a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in
- sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on
- jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.