For a tasty jam during the fall, try this cider. The candy adds a wonderful cinnamon flavor.—Donna Bensend, Dallas, Wisconsin
- 1 quart unfiltered apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup red hots candy
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine cider and red hots. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Cider Jelly in Country Woman July/August 1994, p35
Reviews for Cider Jelly
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review