Cider Doughnuts Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine the eggs, cider and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cider Doughnuts
"These came out so good. Don't over mix the dough or they will be tough. I mixed them by hand, just until they were moist. Really great recipe."
"These were good, but I think they could have used more flavor. I dipped some in the maple glaze and some in cinnamon sugar."
"These doughnuts are nice and moist and have a great spice to them. You won't taste the apple cider but the spices due remind you for cider. These are easy to make and always a hit when I serve them. I love that it includes whole wheat flour. Like others have mentioned, they are great with cinnamon sugar."
"These delicious donuts are easy to make! I roll them in cinnamon-sugar instead of using confectioners' sugar, which my husband really likes."
"These were great...super easy , and I used my fry daddy! I rolled them in cinnamon & sugar. Plus, I didn't have any cardamom, so I substituted cloves."
"These doughnuts were delicious, but tasted nothing like apple cider. I think I will save my cider for other things and go back to my old doughnut recipe."
"Excellent doughnuts, my grandchildren can hardly wait for me to get them done!!"