Cider Cheese Fondue Recipe
Cheese lovers are sure to enjoy dipping into this creamy quick-to-fix fondue that has just a hint of apple. You can also serve this appetizer with apple or pear wedges. —Kim Marie Van Rheenen, Mendota, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cubed French bread
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cider to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Toss the cheeses with cornstarch and pepper; stir into cider. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
1/4 cup equals 111 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC