Cheese lovers are sure to enjoy dipping into this creamy quick-to-fix fondue that has just a hint of apple. You can also serve this appetizer with apple or pear wedges. —Kim Marie Van Rheenen, Mendota, Illinois
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cubed French bread
- In a large saucepan, bring cider to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Toss the cheeses with cornstarch and pepper; stir into cider. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Cider Cheese Fondue in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p14
Reviews for Cider Cheese Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review