- turkey inside both bags; pour in cooled brine. Seal bags, pressing
- out as much air as possible; turn to coat turkey. Place in a shallow
- roasting pan. Refrigerate for 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove turkey from brine; rinse and pat dry. Discard brine. Tuck
- wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a
- shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with melted butter;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a
- thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally
- with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too
- quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield:
- 18 servings.
Editor’s Note: It is best not to use a prebasted turkey for this recipe.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer