Cider Beef Stew Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil; drain. Stir in the cider, water, vinegar and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the carrots, celery, potato and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cider Beef Stew(3)
Sort By :
I've made this recipe with apple juice and apple cider. Both are great, but the apple cider adds a little edge that makes it my favorite. I love to share this dish with friends.
This stew was really good. I used sparkling cider that I had leftover from the holidays, added a can of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic, and a half of green pepper. Also, I browned the meat according to the directions, but finished the rest in the slow cooker on low for 6hrs.From now on this is the only beef stew recipe I will use. Yum
I made this in a slow cooker. I cooked it on low for 6- hours. It was great!! I used the slow cooker liner, so no clean up. Now my neighbor wants the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >