Cider Baked Squash
I'm a free-lance writer who sometimes needs a break from a long session of working on a story. That's when I escape to the kitchen to whip up something that's good to eat, yet easy to prepare. This is one of my favorites!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/2 cup Apple juice or cider or juice
Save more on this seasonal favorite from ALDI.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Place squash in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Pour cider over
- squash. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and mace; sprinkle over
- squash. Cover with foil. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until
- squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.