Cider Apple Bake
From Labor Day to Thanksgiving, it's crunch time at our apple cider mill. This simple fruity dessert features apples as well as cider.Shelly Schierman, Louisburg, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- Place apples in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cider and brown
- sugar; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60
- minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon. Cool slightly. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 265 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.