Cider Apple Bake Recipe
From Labor Day to Thanksgiving, it's crunch time at our apple cider mill. This simple fruity dessert features apples as well as cider.—Shelly Schierman, Louisburg, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place apples in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cider and brown sugar; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cool slightly. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 265 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC