- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- Place apples in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cider and brown sugar; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cool slightly. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cider Apple Bake in Country Woman September/October 1999, p11
Reviews for Cider Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"I love this it tastes an apple pie without the fattening crust. It's very easy too."