From Labor Day to Thanksgiving, it's crunch time at our apple cider mill. This simple fruity dessert features apples as well as cider.—Shelly Schierman, Louisburg, Kansas
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- Place apples in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine cider and brown sugar; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cool slightly. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cider Apple Bake in Country Woman September/October 1999, p11
Reviews for Cider Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"I love this it tastes an apple pie without the fattening crust. It's very easy too."