Chutney Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup chutney, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 16 fresh arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup chutney, mustard and lime juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, onions, salt, pepper and remaining chutney. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Serve on buns with arugula, onion and reserved chutney mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 359 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chutney Turkey Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.