This easy and elegant appetizer from Rebecca Irons in Lubbock, Texas has only four ingredients! “I first tasted something similar at a cheese shop,” she says. “Most any chutney flavor will work—from pineapple or mango to onion—for a toasty, melt-in-your-mouth treat on chilly days.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- Assorted crackers
- Place the cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Top with
- chutney and bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or
- until cheese is softened. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 114 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now